Most of the quotes were taken from this book.
1. “Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule.”
2. “Writing isn’t about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it’s about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well. It’s about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy.”
3. “Write with the door closed, rewrite with the door open.”
4. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
5. “In many cases when a reader puts a story aside because it ‘got boring,’ the boredom arose because the writer grew enchanted with his powers of description and lost sight of his priority, which is to keep…
View original post 750 more words